Job Reference: W39184
Salary: up to £25,000
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Assistant Quality Control Manager (8am-5pm Tuesday-Saturday)
Our client is a pioneering business with an aim to help people eat incredible tasting food with ethically-sourced ingredients that benefit both you and your body. They are a small team who are committed to helping their customers live a healthier lifestyle. They have a great passion for quality and work collaboratively with their supply base to ensure the highest welfare and environmental standards.
Responsibility to assist the QC team with their daily processes:
- Ensure goods are received in the right condition at the right time.
- Inspect incoming deliveries to a specified QC schedule and accurately record unit counts, weights and product quality.
- Check lorries for quality, condition and temperature
- Accurately complete all Goods In sheets and ensure that incoming goods are accurately recorded in our bespoke inventory management system.
- Ensure all Delivery Notes are scanned into the system
- Report findings of quality issues
- Manage non-conformances and communicate effectively with our buying team to correct discrepancies
- Assist shelf life testing and work closely with Technical to ensure exceptional product quality
- Report on potential hazards to raw materials and finished goods.
- Help with the training and development of co-packing staff who help with the QC process
In addition, the employee is expected to:
- Work with the rest of the operations team to ensure processes and systems are in place to hit key production targets.
- Take pride in improving our product quality and respond promptly to any quality complaints.
- Understand and observe the HACCP across the production process.
- Build strong commercial relationships with the day-to-day contact at suppliers.
- Conduct regular checks of any equipment used for quality management
- Inspire the co-packing teams to care about our customers, brand and product.
- Embrace change and adapt quickly to business priorities
- Previous experience in the chilled/fresh food industry and QC knowledge in a managerial capacity is preferred.
- The successful candidate needs to be able to communicate with all levels of management, be able to motivate the team and have the ability to stand by decisions to reject goods.
- Numeracy, literacy and integrity are crucial to this role.