Job Reference: W40543
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
To assist the Technical Manager by maintaining the food safety, quality, technical systems across the business, so ensuring it retains its GFSI and other accreditation’s and to help with customer support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Quality System and ensure it remains up to date and available to all staff
- Manage the various ring trial programs that both sites participate in.
- Inspect and sample incoming non-bulk raw materials, send for testing according to schedule
- Manage environmental sample program, waters and swabs
- Carry out GMP and Internal audits
- Dealing with customer requests for SAQs, specifications etc.
- Maintain customer specifications on various platforms, e.g. QADEX, ERUDUS, Hamilton Grant, TraceAll etc.
- Carry out product traces, recall exercises and mass balance checks for third party audits including
- BRC, Food and Gluten Free, Soil Association and customers.
- Liaise with pest contractor and ensure that issues raised during audits are resolved.
- Assist Technical Manager with BRC, Soil Association, FEMAS and customer audits.
- Attention to detail
- Good technical knowledge and enthusiasm to learn.
- Good at colleague, customer and supplier relationships
- Experienced in-house auditor.
- An enthusiasm to continuously improve the product quality, through analysis, investigation.