Job Reference: W39747
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Duties and Responsibities
1. To maintain and extend a high level of awareness of current food legislation, related issues and likely developments, in food legislation in the EU as well as Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Support outside these geographic regions is also likely.
2. To answer questions on the content, application and interpretation of the above.
3. To develop and contribute to Regulatory publications and training events.
4. To initiate new business and deliver contract services on time and within budget.
5. To contribute to the development and delivery of research projects.
6. To recommend and implement change in services, products and systems.
7. To develop self to enhance performance and professionalism.
Skills and Qualifications
Graduate level qualification(s) in science, law or related subjects.
Minimum 1-3 years’ experience / knowledge of food law acquired in a commercial, enforcement or policy setting.
Well-developed communication skills – upwards, downwards and outwards.
Experience of customer service and interaction with clients would be advantageous
Language skills – Fluency in German and English and the ability to read and interpret food law in German speaking countries. Additional languages would be an advantage.