Job Reference: W40534
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Our client has an opening to recruit into their New Product Development team and would like to give the opportunity for a Junior New Product Development Assistant / Technologist to work in a small fast paced team to develop and learn. You will be an integral member of the NPD team to develop new products and provide support for Sales, Technical and Production departments during all stages of development from kitchen concept to launch.
- Maintenance of kitchen and work areas in a hygienic, tidy, and organised manner.
- Day to day maintenance of NPD recipes and relevant administration of NPD paperwork, including updating recipes, supplier ingredient specifications – making sure all areas are up to date in a fast-moving environment.
- Liaising with the team and the factory on daily requirements of Raw Materials and Ingredients for developing and updating new products to customer expectation.
- Making new product concept samples for customer presentations, repeat samples for customer reviews and required samples for PR and Photography requests.
- Assist the development of new product cooking instructions
- Concept recipe development either to a brief or as ‘blue sky’ development.
- Assistance with organisation of, and assistance with factory trials.
- Co-ordination of nutritional and shelf-life samples from new or engineered recipe product trials.
- Involvement in packaging development in line with product, customer, and production requirements.
- Requesting raw material samples and flavours from suppliers.
- Hold a Food Science or Food Technology qualification
- Experience of working within a New Product Development environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of a factory environment
- Confidence to assist with or lead customer presentations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment with a large range of customers.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and quick to learn.
- Able to multitask on a large variety of projects and priorities
- Full driver’s license required
- A passion for food with an open approach to innovation, processes, and concepts.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- Driving licence required