Job Reference: W39171
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
This role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to build upon current food safety standards and strategies. In addition, this role provides the unique opportunity to work closely with Senior Leadership to build out the business’ sustainability compliance structure and procedures.
General Food Safety & Quality responsibilities:
- With the Technical Manager manage site food safety and quality standards, ensuring compliance at all levels of the business. Assist on external audits including but not limited to: BRC, Field to Fork, and Red Tractor. Regularly review food safety and quality protocols and recommend improvements. Work with Technical Manager, Operations Manager, Grower and production team to implement improvements effectively and cohesively.
- Implementation and management of compliance standards and HACCP procedures
- Maintain HAACP ensuring it is reviewed according to schedule or with any changes to operations
- Manage relationships with third parties such as advisors, vendors, primary authority, external auditors etc.
- Assist on external audits and close-out any raised non-conformances
- Manage microbiological testing processes and matrix, track results and analyse the trends
- Evaluate current testing protocols and recommend improvements
- Make ongoing recommendations based on micro trends and work with Operations Manager to implement improvements to production processes
- Evaluate current sanitation procedures and recommend improvements
- Create documents as needed and ensure that documents are being utilized accurately and reflect current processes and methodology
- Conduct internal audits including auditing the records of operators to ensure they are accurately conducting checks at the required frequency.
- Conduct investigations where appropriate (e.g. customer complaints, accidents and incidents) and ensure that necessary actions are taken and communicated to necessary stakeholders
- Attend regular Operations Meetings and report on any compliance or food safety concerns.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrate an interest in sustainability and the fresh produce industry
- Comprehensive understanding of GMP and knowledge of hygiene standards
- HAACP Trained
- Food Safety Trained
- Experience in site and food safety compliance ideally on a fresh produce site
- Experience with internal and external audits (BRC required)
- Knowledge of HSE and due diligence
- Continuous improvement experience
- Passionate about sustainability